I don't have much to say on the site anymore (or anywhere, really). Sorry about that. But I guess I'll end the year by looking back and ahead.
Things I accomplished in 2017:
1. Got involved w/ local indie dev associations including volunteering for SXSW Gaming and attending a number of talks/workshops.
2. Attended RTX as an exhibitor (also did that at SXSW, but eh).
3. Landed my 1st game industry job - Additionally, it's a job I well and truly love that challenges me and teaches me every single day. I work with people I respect and who respect me in turn, who are supportive and want to see me grow in my career. I am keenly aware of how lucky I am and hope I never forget it.
4. Converted from contract to permanent in that job which I absolutely was not expecting. It's been a wild ride.
5. Went to Ohio, which I realize is a small thing, but I'd never been before and I hope it's the catalyst for more travels/adventures in the future.
6. Moved into a bigger apartment - one step closer to a big ol' house (maybe... probably not... we'll see).
7. Got the chance to watch my friends grow and achieve their goals. They've done incredible work on themselves and in their careers and I'm so excited to watch them continue this progress in 2018.
Things I hope to accomplish in 2018:
1. Learn more about game dev from the inside out - Luckily I'm in the right place for that.
2. Attend my first con as a real, live game dev - Not sure in what capacity yet, but we'll see what 2018 holds.
3. Get back in shape - Already dropped the diet sodas (they make me feel gross), now onto the exercise and making healthier food choices.
4. Start a cool, new community group - Incidentally, still looking for partners on this in the Austin area. Hit me up if interested.
5. Play more games (I mean really play them)
6. Learn to play the piano. I started on this a few years ago and petered out, but I'm gonna pick it back up!
What about you? What are some of your proud moments of 2017 and what are you looking forward to in 2018?
Hope you all had a happy holiday season!