Had an absolutely awful sleep last night, partly because I'm not used to my new mattress and partly because my work schedule keeps switching from overnights to evenings to overnights to mornings, etc. and it's hell on my body. I passed out around 9:30pm or so and woke up with a start around 3am. I had a shift this morning at 10am, so I wanted to get up at 7:30. Didn't get into bed properly until about 4:10, and of course because I'd just been unconscious for several hours earlier than I'd intended, I didn't really fall asleep at all for those last three hours. So I got out of bed feeling like garbage.
But fate saw fit to even out that wrinkle by doing me a favor in FEH. I spent just 10 orbs on two summons, and the second of which was a 5-star unit, Delthea! She's not the Micaiah I was aiming for, but that's a character I'm happy to receive since she's one of the best blue mages in the game. Especially since I got her early, before I'd even started developing a pity rate. And she's +Atk -HP to boot, so that was a pretty awesome start to the day.
Unfortunately, I guess the universe thought it went too far with that stroke of good fortune. Because my day after that went like this:
- My bus was supposed to be at 9:35, so I left the building at 9:31. The bus went by, early, right as I walked out the door. So I went back upstairs to call work and let them know I might be late. Tripped over a box while trying to pick up the phone.
- Clocked in to work a few minutes late. My shift was with the boss today, so already it was bound to be bad. Hate working with her.
- Three hours into my shift, the boss needed to go to the hospital for an hour and leave me in the store by myself at 1 o'clock in the middle of the day. Couldn't take a break before she left, so of course I'm hungry and tired (especially so because, y'know, poor sleep). All of our hot food expired right as she was leaving, too. So I had to cook food, serve customers, and do cash-out for the shift all without anybody to back me up.
- Boss got back around 2:30, but I didn't get to take a break until about 3:10, more than five hours after my shift began. Didn't even get a full break either. Whenever I work with the boss, I never get a full 30 minutes of break time. Every. Single. Time. It's one of the big reasons why I hate working with her.
- Worked hard to get the rest of my assigned shit done, but didn't have time to do one last thing which was a half hour long training course on the back computer. She said I could do it tomorrow, but I should have had it done three weeks ago. I almost snapped at her, because I fucking work part time and get less shifts - and thus fewer opportunities - to do it. Furthermore, I keep getting left alone lately. Twice on my overnight shifts I've had to work by myself for four hours straight, and the other nights I have to spend two fucking hours in the cooler stocking shit properly that other people never bother to do. Hell, even on an evening shift I worked last week I was working without help for about three and a half hours in total, and that's a shift in the middle of the bloody day. So fuck off, I don't get a chance to do a god damn thing on the computer.
- Once again, all of the hot food was expiring right before my shift was going to end. My coworker was going to be alone for an hour, so I couldn't leave that for him to do by himself. So he served customers and I cooked. And of course someone came in and ordered two dozen wings, which slowed me down, and I ended up clocking out fifteen minutes late. It kinda evens out since I was late clocking in, but I bet the boss is still gonna be pissed about it. Either way, missed the buss I'd wanted to take
- Was standing out in the cold for 25 minutes waiting for a god damned bus to take me home. Got pretty pissed off.
- Got home to my apartment to find that the heat isn't on for some reason. It's fucking cold in here, and so I'm still pissed.
So basically, one good thing in a day is met with a whole fuckload of bad. Karma's not just a bitch, it's a spiteful bitch. I just wanna go to sleep, but first I need to eat something warm...